Legacy Defined: Anything handed down from the past, as from an ancestor or predecessor.
Los Angeles Lakers-A Championship Legacy
Miken Years (1948-1955) 5 Titles
“Showtime”—Magic & Kareem (1979-1991) 5 Titles
Shaq & Kobe (1996-2002) 3 Titles
Kobe & Co. (2007-??) 1 Title
- Everyone has a legacy.
- Each person is responsible for the mark they leave
- Each person must pursue their own spiritual growth in Christ
“Shema Yisrael, Adonai eloheinu, Adonai echad.” Deuteronomy 6:4
- A strong spiritual legacy requires effort. Deuteronomy 6:5
- Love God. Deuteronomy 6:5
- Foundation of our relationship with God Ephesians 3:17
- Not about romance, but commitment
- Obey God. Deuteronomy 6:1-2; 1 John 2:5-6
- commands = non-negotiable
- His Word = God’s Will
- to keep = align my will with His
- to walk = follow Jesus at all times
- Train the next generation—passing on a strong spiritual legacy. Deuteronomy 6:6-7; 2 Timothy 2:2
- It is as much about what we do as it is what we say.
- It is to be modeled, not mandated.
- It is a process.
Questions to Consider:
- Where am I in my relationship with God?
- How committed am I willing to be?