Saturday, March 17, 2012

Peace



“The Fruit of the Spirit is Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control” (Galatians 5:22-23a, NIV).

 “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men!” (Luke 2:14, NKJ)

 “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you….” John 14:27 (NIV).

“…The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end...” Isaiah 9:6-7 (NIV).

  • Peace – What it is
    • God’s Peace is not about avoiding a problem.
    • God’s Peace is not about appeasing another person.
    • God’s Peace (Shalom) is a sense of well-being, a sense of a foundation for life that comes from following God. Isaiah 48:17-1; Judges 6
  • Peace – How it works
  • How to be a Peacemaker: P.E.A.C.E.
  • Application: I am consistent in staying in a place of rest and freedom from anxiety even when I am under pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment