Patience: two Greek words - slow & anger. So it means being slow to get angry. Exodus 34:6; Ephesians 4:2-3
- The Holy Spirit reminds you of God’s patience with you. Colossians 3:12-14
- The Holy Spirit encourages you to remember the valuable impact God’s patience has in your life. Romans 2:4
Repentance – changing direction. It is deciding to change the direction of your life to line up with following God.
- It is God’s patience that allows you time to become humble before Him.
- It is God’s patience that allows you time to live a surrendered life before Him.
- It is God’s patience that demonstrates how much He cares for you. 2 Peter 3:9
- The Holy Spirit asks you to exercise this same patience with others. Colossians 3:13
How to managing your anger – your impatience:
- Realize the cost. Proverbs 29:22; Proverbs 15:18; Proverbs 14:29; Proverbs 14:17; Proverbs 29:11
- Decide to control it. Proverbs 16:32; Ephesians 4:26
- Delay your response. Proverbs 29:11
- Reprogram your thinking. Romans 12:2
- Associate with people that are patient. Proverbs 22:24-25
- Rely on God’s help. Romans 15:5-6
Application: When people or things are not moving as quickly as I would like, I am able to wait gracefully and absorb my frustration.