Thursday, January 8, 2009

Reviewing the Purpose and Mission

In the book of Ecclesiastes we read that there is nothing new under the sun. That I am sure of, but I also know that most of us forget as much as we learn, if not more. So to launch our new year, I want to spend three weeks focusing on what we already know and have heard before, but I think easily forget. That is our purpose, mission, vision, values and beliefs as laid out in our purpose booklet.

Let me prime the pump by asking you some questions. Can you recite our TFB motto? If you are having trouble, here it is ‘Helping people become fully devoted followers of Christ.’ Can you recite our purpose and mission statements? This Sunday we will focus on these two statements and their biblical foundation. One last question, which of these scripture references is called our great commission and which is called our great commandment?: Matthew 22:34 and following and Matthew 28:16 and following. In preparation for Sunday, I encourage you read these references.

See you Sunday,
Pastor Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment