Self-control: The control of self by The Spirit.
It is not:
- Uncontrolled lust Proverbs 6:26
- Uncontrolled spending Proverbs 21:20
- Uncontrolled ambition Proverbs 23:4
- Uncontrolled drinking Proverbs 23:29-30
- Uncontrolled anger Proverbs 29:11; Proverbs 25:28
A Self-Controlled Life 1 Corinthians 9:24-27
- A life with goals v. 24
- Our Vision
- Share the good news of Christ with others.
- Model Christ in all aspects of life.
- Engage in loving relationships with other believers.
- Surrender our lives joyfully to God.
- Serve God and others with our abilities and resources.
- A life with discipline v. 25
- A life with focus v. 25-26
- A life with God directed thinking v.27; Romans 12:1-2
A key to living the self-controlled life is God’s grace. Titus 2:11-14
- Grace redeems us. v. 11, 14
- Grace reforms us (12, 14b). v. 12, 14
- Grace rewards us. v. 13; Galatians 5:16, 25
Fruit of the Spirit Self Assessment Test (doc)