- Everyone’s desperate need is revealed in these principles.
- God's prescription for happiness and success are found in these principles.
- How to please the Lord with our life is found in these principles.
Overarching theme: Living a righteous life
- Righteousness given Romans 3:21-22
- Righteousness lived Matthew 5:20; 2 Corinthians 5:17
- Jesus’ summary: Matthew 7:24-27
- Jesus’ strategy v.1-2; Matthew 9:36-38
- He saw the crowd with eyes of compassion.
- He focused on training his followers. Matthew 28:19-20; 2 Timothy 2:2
- Jesus’ desire: for you to be blessed
- “Blessed” = Happy John 15:11
- “Blessed” - A state of well-being and joy not affected by circumstances; an inward contentedness
- Psalm 1 – O the blessedness of…
- Jesus’ radical route to true happiness 1 John 2:15-16; Matthew 6:19-21
“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;
I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly”
(John 10:10, NAS)