Theme: Living Outwardly Focused Lives in an Inwardly Focused World
“ …I, the Son of Man, came here not to be served but to serve others,
and to give My life as a ransom for many”
(Mark 10:45, NLT).
“The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy.
My purpose is to give life in all its fullness”
(John 10:10, NLT).
- John 4:47-53 - Jesus heals a son and the entire household believes in Jesus.
- Acts 16:14-15 – Lydia was baptized along with members of her household.
- Acts 16:16-34 – A jailer and his family were baptized by Paul and Silas.
How to reach family and friends:
- Get real about what you cannot do. Acts 16:16-34
- You cannot undo the past.
- You cannot control the future. Luke 12:25-26
- You cannot make anyone believe. 1 Corinthians 3:6
- Get on with what you can do.
- You can pray for them.
- You can listen and love them.
- You can share and serve them.
- You can be ready to dialogue about spiritual matters. 1 Peter 3:15
- Get ready to see God move. Acts 10:21-48
“There are two things God very seldom does: everything at once and nothing at all.”
“…Just as you can hear the wind but can’t tell where it comes from or where it is going, so you can’t explain how people are born of the Spirit” (John 3:8, NLT).
Recommended reading: God Space by Doug Pollock