- Paul: Be a God-directed Chameleon – one who adapts in order to gain a hearing with others.v. 18; Numbers 6:1-8
- Nazirites: Sampson, Samuel, John the Baptist Acts 21:17-26; 1 Corinthians 9:19-22
- Apollos: Serve the Lord with Passion. v. 18
- The word “fervor” was used to describe boiling water. In emotions and relationships it implied intensity. Romans 12:11
- Apollos: Focus on Helping People Understand Jesus. v. 25; Acts 8:35; 2 Timothy 2:15
- Apollos: Share What You Know While Learning More. v. 25
- Apollos: Exercise a Teachable Spirit v. 26; Proverbs 9:9
- Priscilla & Aquila: Coach Others in Private while Supporting in Public. v. 26
“When one of you says,
‘I am a follower of Paul,’ and another says, ‘I prefer Apollos,’
aren’t you acting like those who are not Christians?
Who is Apollos, and who is Paul, that we should be the cause of such quarrels?
Why, we’re only servants.
Through us God caused you to believe.
Each of us did the work the Lord gave us.
My job was to plant the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it,
but it was God, not we, Who made it grow.
The ones who do the planting or watering aren’t important,
but God is important because He is the One who makes the seed grow.
The one who plants and the one who waters work as a team with the same purpose…”
(1 Corinthians 3:4-8, NLT).