Worship – a term we Christians hear a lot. Worship – ‘to bow down’, to prostrate oneself before’. A concept and action frequently demonstrated before kings and queens. It is a persons’ heart and life postured in surrender and allegiance. The text says the disciples worshipped Jesus and said to Him, ‘truly you are the Son of God’.- a declaration of the kingship of Jesus and by implication their surrender-ship to Him.
Do you worship Jesus? What prompts you to worship Him? Would you say your actions and attitude declare Jesus’ kingship in your life and that you surrender to him? If yes, what in your life and actions affirm that?
Matthew 14:22-33; Isaiah 40
Some Reasons We Need to Worship God
- We need to worship because without it, we can forget that we have a big God and end up living in fear.
- We need to worship because without it, we can forget God’s calling and begin to live in a spirit of self-preoccupation.
- We need to worship because without it we lose a sense of wonder and gratitude and plod through life with blinders on.
- We need to worship because our natural tendency is toward self-reliance and stubborn independence.
- God Is All-Powerful, So He Really Can Take Care of You.
- God Is All-Knowing, So He Really Does Know All About You and Your Needs.
- God Has All Authority In The Universe, So He Really Is In Control.